Monster High bedrooms- Operetta


So I got a Silhouette Cameo for Valentines/my birthday, and needed a good first project. I had a Cricut Expression previously, and used Make the Cut with it, so I am familiar with using software for cuts- I would say I am intermediate level. Anyway, my daughter has a bunch of Monster High dolls and we have been slowly building them a huge dollhouse. I decided to make the bedroom of one of my personal favorites today- Operetta. Daughter of the Phantom of the Opera. Here is what she woke up to find:

If you look really closely, you can see that the third music note on the side of the bed is covering a seam- I had to make the bed in two separate halves to make it tall enough to fit a 12" doll. But hey, now I have a template for it!
I cut the purse out, too. I decided that since it was pretty generic, I would add the same spider webs that I put on the bed to it- she decorates everything in music notes and spider webs, so it was perfect!
Just a little shopping bag- I had extra room on my mat and didn't want to waste any paper, so I found something that I could use for any ghoul.
I love this 3D chandelier! I might try to sparkle it up later, but it was like 4 in the morning when I was attaching it, so I was just trying to finish up.
 
Just trying to tie it all together here, and give her room some custom flair. There is a gap in the wallpaper on the sides. Aeris hasn't noticed, or doesn't mind enough to say anything, at least, but I will try to come up with something to fix that later on.
I made the mirror myself. The notes were a cut file, but it cut WAY to tiny, and it all fell apart, so I just hand drew the on. I had the foil smoother, but gluing it on wrinkled it. :(
Some details. The Silhouette sketches really nicely!

I'm pretty excited about it, personally. She loves it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New comments make me happy! Help make me happy.